Obi4wan Meeting Notes 2016-08-10
From MonetDBJump to navigationJump to search
- Peter Boncz
- Eric de Kruijf
- Dean De Leo
- Frank Smit
- A test server from CWI has been provided to OBI4WAN to be installed at their premises. Similarly, OBI4WAN stated that also a cluster of machines, intended for running experiments, is going to be installed soon.
- Peter gave an overview of the recent papers and works related to the group in recent conferences and, overall, at the LDBC group.
- Dean reported that an early stage implementation to perform shortest path queries over graph-shaped set of attributes on MonetDB has been implemented. However there is no SQL front-end, it needs to be accessed through the MonetDB intermendiate language.
- Frank discussed the kind of workloads and scenarios that OBI4WAN eventually wishes to handle. Currently they are investigating whether Spark might be suitable for their purposes.
- Eric reported he is starting to implement a driver for the LDBC social network benchmark over the Spark GraphFrames platform. Currently he is working with the validation set on a cluster of machines at CWI. He is facing and debugging some initial issues.
- Obi4Wan should install & setup the additional machines intended for the experiments.
- Obi4Wan will continue to work on the implementation of the driver for the LDBC benchmarks.
- CWI shall progress on their implementation of MonetDB for graph-like queries.
Friday 16/09/2016, 9:30