MonetDB:Installing on OS X
From MonetDBJump to navigationJump to search
There are multiple ways to install the latest release of MonetDB on OS X.
- First, install Xcode. Most recent version of Xcode you can only obtain from the Apple Developer Website  (if you are a registered Apple developer or directly from the Apple Mac App Store .
- Once Xcode is installed, run the following command in Terminal in order to install the Xcode command-line tools:
- Next you will need to install Homebrew (more information on Homebrew is available here ). Simply run the commend below in your terminal:
ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.github.com/Homebrew/homebrew/go/install)"
- Finally install MonetDB from the formula on the Homebrew repository. Homebrew will download the latest released version (along with any dependencies), configure it for your system and build it.
brew install monetdb
- First download the latest released version on MonetDB from here . Make sure you pick the right one for your architecture.
- Unpack the archive in a location of your digression.
tar xf <filename>
The archive comes prebuilt for the selected platform and has a directory structure mimicking the location where it should generally be installed: /usr/local/monetdb.
- Next, you can link the usr/local/monetdb directory from the archive to your /usr/local/monetdb
ln -s usr/local/monetdb /usr/local/monetdb
- Finally make sure the MonetDB bin directory to your PATH by adding the following line to your shell config: