Setting Up Tools

Sandy sandy at carlabs.com
Sat Jun 24 01:46:58 CEST 2017

Just getting back into trying MonetDB after many years. Got the
environment set up pretty well with the test DB `VOC` loaded up and able
to do all expected in the command line tools. So I figured I would give
a couple of the mentioned GUI tools a shot and see how they work against
the server I just set up on a virtual box.

I picked up the JDBC drivers and installed on my Window's 10 install of
SQuirrel SQL and DBeaver. I got both of the drivers works sort of... On
DBeaver I can execute and see queries in the tool but can't do much more
than that.

Overall looks like an issue with accessing the system table
`sys.environment`,  not sure if anything related to set up or rights.
Using the `voc` user as created with the example db in the getting
started.  Any help or thought on where to start?

Thanks!

Sandy

-------- Errors

* DBeaver 4.0.8

On inspection of some of the logs I see things like -

`Error loading object metadata from database`

`SQL Error [22000]: SELECT: access denied for voc to table 'sys.environment'
   java.sql.SQLException: SELECT: access denied for voc to table
'sys.environment'`

* SQuirreL SQL Client  3.7.1

java.sql.SQLException: SELECT: access denied for voc to table
'sys.environment'

-------- Driver and DB versions

I'm using this JAR for the drivers -
C:\Users\Squidward\Downloads\monetdb-jdbc-2.25.jar, 2.25 (Liberica
20170330 based on MCL v1.15)

MonetDB version - MonetDB v11.25.23 (Dec2016-SP5),
'mapi:monetdb://sandy-VirtualBox-18:50000/voc'