Case sensitive

Ariel Abadi aabadi at starconnecting.com
Thu Apr 28 23:19:26 CEST 2016

Hi All!

We are facing a problem, we used to work with mysql with the case
insensitive. Now we have moved into MonetDB and we are facing a problem
with this issue.

Some of our queries are not bringing any data because of the sensitive..

SELECT * FROM Country = 'jamaica' ... 0 Records
SELECT * FROM Country = 'Jamaica' ... 10 Records

Some cases we solved it using the ILIKE, but we still have some code on our
app that cannot be modified.

Does anybody know if there is any flag or setup or config for the Database
in Monet to make it insensitive ?

Thanks in advance for the help!