Controlling --dbextras Using MonetDB(D)

Ying Zhang y.zhang at cwi.nl
Wed Apr 6 17:19:03 CEST 2016

Dear Vincent,

your analysis is correct: there are several mserver5 options that cannot (yet?)
be set / changed via monetdb(d). The reason is twofold. First, ome are (or at
least were) considered mainly development & debugging rather than "production"
options (though we more and more realize that some of the development / debugging
options might also be useful to analyse production deployments of MonetDB).
Second, there are finite (human) resources available to maintain, develop, improve,
extend the entire MonetDB code base, and these extensions of monetdb(d) have not
yet reached the top of our priority list.

Please consider filing a feature request via http://bugs.monedb.org/ .

Also, external contributions are welcome --- though we realize that the threshold
to dive into the MonetDB code base is rather high …

Regards,

Jennie