Disabling do_sort() does not work.

Xu,Wenjian zeroxwj at gmail.com
Wed Apr 6 05:55:11 CEST 2016

Hi,

I would like to replace MonetDB' sorting algorithms (timsort/quicksort)
with my own.

As the first step, I commented all content of function *do_sort()* in
gdk_batop.c to disable the sorting functionality.

Then I re-build the monetdb (with no error) and type a SQL statement with
ORDER-BY clause in mclient interface:

"select o_orderkey, o_custkey, o_orderstatus from orders order by o_custkey
limit 10;"

I was expecting to see the dis-ordered result. However, it turns out that
the result is still ordered by o_custkey.

I am confused about the result. Did I miss something? Any help would be
great.

Best regards,
John