Controlling --dbextras Using MonetDB(D)

Vincent Sheffer Vincent.Sheffer at sysorex.com
Tue Apr 5 00:58:27 CEST 2016

Digging further into the source code, there are a lot of arguments to mserver5 that are not settable by any means other than directly invoking the mserver5 executable.  Some, such as --single-user aren't even in the man pages, at least not the man pages I have.

Given that monetdbd seems to be the preferred method for invoking and controlling mserver5 processes, why are so many arguments to mserver5 not manageable via the combination of monetdbd and monetdb properties?