accessing intermediate optimizer results.

Xu,Wenjian zeroxwj at gmail.com
Fri Apr 1 07:00:35 CEST 2016

Hi all,

I would like to see the intermediate result (i.e., MAL instructions) after
each optimizer step in a optimizer pipeline.

So I searched Monetdb's documents and found the following sentence in
https://www.monetdb.org/Documentation/Cookbooks/SQLrecipes/OptimizerPipelines
:

"Alternatively, the SQL DEBUG statement modifier in combination with the
'o' command provides access to the intermediate optimizer results."

I cannot figure out what this sentence means.
What I know about SQL DEBUG statement is to use "debug <SQL statement>" to
enter the debug mode and iterate through each (final) MAL instruction one
by one.
How could I use 'o' command to access intermediate optimizer results?

I am using MonetDB 11.21.17 (JUL2015 SP3) and my environment is Ubuntu14.04.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,
XU Wenjian