Processing web logs in monetdb

Christopher Nelson nadiasvertex at gmail.com
Tue May 27 22:53:15 CEST 2014

Hello,

I've been looking at monetdb for a while, and I've been very impressed with
the project.

I would like to use monetdb to analyze web log data from a very active
site. I have no doubt that it can handle the quantity of data, but I'm not
sure how to perform some of the queries that I have used in other systems.

For example, I would like in particular to be able to perform click-stream
analysis of the data. On other systems I've used proprietary extensions
which allowed me to create a window by pattern matching a certain column.

Do you have any suggestions about where I should look to perform similar
kinds of queries?

Thanks!

-={C}=-