type recognition, *creating* tables from CSVs

Radovan Bičiště radovan.biciste at ceosdata.com
Thu May 15 08:13:12 CEST 2014

Hi,
AFAIK the tables must exist.
The documentations is here:
https://www.monetdb.org/Documentation/Manuals/SQLreference/CopyInto

Slightly helpful could be to use KETTLE ETL Tool
(http://community.pentaho.com/projects/data-integration/) which is free.
You can create a process for loading the CSV files. When you create a
transformation using Monet Bulk Loader, there is an option (button SQL)
to create table based on incoming fields from a CSV file. Let me know if
it sounds interesting so I could elaborate further. :)

Hope that helps.

Radovan