SELECT failure: "insufficient space for HEAP ..."

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Tue May 13 08:13:45 CEST 2014

Hi Edward,

sorry for the inconveniences and thank you for your kind words!

Could you check how large your merver5 process is at the time the error occurs?
At that very time, how much main memory and how much disk space (on the partition/drive
where your dbfarm is located) are still free?

Instead of the (statically generated) explain, a "live" trace of a failing run
would be more useful (if at all).
To create a trace, you'd need to start the server by hand using the M5server.bat
batch script, providing an extra "--trace" command line option, and collect
the server console output.

Also, if there is any more output before/after the error message you send,
that might be helpful to analyze the problem.

Best,
Stefan