remote.exec()

Stephen P. Morgan stephen_p_morgan at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 24 19:17:58 CEST 2013

I have a question about remote.exec().  Suppose multiple (say N) remote machines call remote.exec() to start a function on a given local machine.  What happens if N is greater than the number of threads supported by the local machine?  Are the remote.execs queued until there is a thread available to execute them, or are they simply not started?  If the letter, how can one tell whether a remote.exec was run?

I have another question abut remote.get() transferring a BAT from one machine to another.  Is there a limit on the size of a BAT that can be transferred by a single call to remote.get()?  If the BAT is very large, is it paged through disk, or is it alsways transferred directly from memory to memory?

Thanks,

Steve Morgan