International characters in MonetDB

aaaaaa ggggggg veriveri24 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 15 13:27:20 CEST 2013

Hello All,

I have been trying to do some bulk uploads from CSV files into a MonetDB database.
All the fields in the database are VARCHAR.
The text in some of the fields contains international characters such as : ü, Ó, é  etc.

When I execute :
copy into database from 'filename.csv' using delimiters ',','\n','"' NULL as '';

I get an error stating that the fields with words containing the international characters could not be imported, and the import process stops.

How can I solve this issue? (I am running Monetdb on windows)

Thanks,
SG