[MonetDB-users] Announcement: New Aug2011-SP2 Bugfix release of MonetDB suite
MonetDB Release Engineer
info at monetdb.org
Wed Oct 26 13:20:42 CEST 2011
The MonetDB team at CWI/MonetDB BV is pleased to announce the
Aug2011-SP2 bugfix release of the MonetDB suite of programs.
More information about MonetDB can be found on our website at
For details on this release, please see the release notes at
As usual, the download location is <http://dev.monetdb.org/downloads/>.
Aug 2011-SP2 bugfix release
Client Package * ODBC: Implemented a workaround in SQLTables for bug
* Small improvement to mclient's table rendering for
tables without any rows. Previously, the column names
in the header could be squeezed to very small widths,
* Python DB API connect() function now supports PEP
249-style arguments user and host, bug #2901
* mclient now checks the result of encoding conversions
using the iconv library.
* Fixed a source of crashes in mclient when a query on
the command line using the -s option is combined with
input on standard input (e.g. in the construct mclient
-s 'COPY INTO t FROM STDIN ...' < file.csv).
* Fixed bug 2897 where slow (network) reads could cause
blocks to not be fully read in one go, causing errors
in the subsequent use of those blocks. With thanks to
* Fixed a bug in mclient where processing queries from
files could result in ghost empty results to be
reported in the output
Merovingian * Resolved problem where monetdbd would terminate
abnormally when databases named 'control', 'discovery'
or 'merovingian' were stopped.
* monetdbd get status now also reports the version of the
* Improved response time of 'monetdb start' when the
database fails to start.
* Fixed a bug in monetdbd where starting a failing
database could incorrectly be reported as a 'running
but dead' database.
* To avoid confusion, all occurrences of merovingian were
changed into monetdbd for error messages sent to a
Bug Fixes * 2346: mkey.bulk_rotate_xor_hash MAL exception
* 2712: un-rolled-back savepoints cause crash upon
* 2774: COPY INTO of double (~1.0e-310) cannot be
* 2890: Slow execution of COUNT in combination with
* 2894: No consistent behavior of implicit cast of
integer to double
* 2897: Mapi.pm: short reads not handled when reading
blocks from server
* 2898: order by for multiple (two) columns fails for
large tables when second ordering is 'desc':
* 2900: rand(int) should not return NULL
* 2901: Make keyword arguments in Python DB API connect()
function more standard
* 2904: TypeException after calling UDF in other than sys
schema (when it is initialised)
* 2906: "ALTER TABLE mytable SET READ ONLY" results in
* 2908: SQL query produces error with MAL statements
* 2909: query result is not displayed when history = true
More information about the users-list