[MonetDB-users] ODBC connection issues

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at acm.org
Mon Oct 10 16:06:17 CEST 2011

On 2011-10-10 11:42, Jeremy OSullivan wrote:
> Hello,
> I have issues connecting to monetdb using the supplied odbc driver via
> Oracle's OBI EE admin tool.
> I am on Windows 2008, 32 bit. When I connect, I get the attached error.
> I have also attached the odbc configuration. Any help would be greatly
> appreciated !
> Regards,
> Jeremy

The error indicates that the server has problems with the query it gets.
 You can find out what queries the driver gets from the application (and
hence what the server gets from the driver) by doing the following.

If the driver sees the ODBCDEBUG environment variable, it uses its value
as the name of a file to which it logs the calls made to the driver.  So
try starting your application with the extra environment variable.  For
instance, you can try running the application from a cmd window and
before you start the application, give the command

set ODBCDEBUG=c:\Users\...\odbc.log

where the part after the = is the name of a file you can write (the
driver will create the file if it doesn't exist, but it must be able to
write there).

You can send the log file to me (after you check it and remove sensitive
information).

--
Sjoerd Mullender