[MonetDB-users] Trigger definitions - ambiguous identifier error

Benji07 seriousman at laposte.net
Tue Oct 4 12:31:39 CEST 2011

I've the following table on my database :

\d sys.subscriber_data
CREATE TABLE "sys"."subscriber_data" (
	"subs_id"               BIGINT,
	"imsi"                  VARCHAR(16),
	"mccmnc"                INTEGER,
	"msisdn"                VARCHAR(16),
	"imei"                  VARCHAR(16),
	"time_idx_print"        BIGINT,
	"time_idx_lastmodified" BIGINT,
	"time_idx_purge"        BIGINT,
	"merge_subs_id"         BIGINT
);

I want to create a specific trigger to delete old data in table before
insert new data.

create trigger oninsert_subscriber
before insert on subscriber_data
referencing NEW ROW AS new_ident
for each row
begin atomic
delete from subscriber_data where subscriber_data.subs_id =
new_ident.subs_id;
end;

When I executed the statement, I get this error message :
SELECT: identifier 'subs_id' ambiguous

I don't understand how to use alias in this case to reference old and new
data.

I wrote the statement according to the documentation:
http://www.monetdb.org/Documentation/SQLreference/Triggers

However, I found this line in feature overview (unsupported) page
T211 	Basic trigger capability
http://www.monetdb.org/Documentation/Manuals/SQLreference/Features/unsupported

Does it mean triggers are not yet entirely supported by Monetdb?

Thanks for your help.