[MonetDB-users] merovingian locking up - port issue?

Ross Bates rbates at gmail.com
Sun Sep 21 23:40:22 CEST 2008

HI Fabian -

I haven't made any changes to the default settings for merovinigian, here
they are without comments:

---------------

mero_msglog=${prefix}/var/log/merovingian.log
mero_errlog=${prefix}/var/log/merovingian.log

mero_timeinterval=600

mero_pidfile=${prefix}/var/run/merovingian.pid

#mero_port=50000

mero_exittimeout=7

mero_doproxy=yes

mero_discoveryttl=600

---------------

As for your question about the type of query, unfortunately I can't
reproduce the lockup in a certain number of steps or with a certain query.
The queries are dynamically generated by a script, but they are all simple
like "select col1, col2 from table where col1='foo'".

After I recompile with --enable-debug, how do use gdb to monitor the
process? If I run the following command can I just leave the gdb attach
process running until it crashes?

gdb
attach pid

Thanks,