[MonetDB-users] merovingian locking up - port issue?

Fabian Groffen Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Sun Sep 21 09:44:54 CEST 2008

Hi Ross,

Thanks for your report.  I think merovingian in your situation just
crashes, for some yet to be determined reason.

I do not recall how you build/install MonetDB, but if you build from
source, it could help me if you could build MonetDB/SQL with
--enable-debug, and attach gdb to the merovingian process *after*
starting it.  This is necessary since merovingian forks itself into the
background.

Just to give me an indication, of how to reproduce: can you send the
merovingian settings from your monetdb5.conf file, and does the same
crash occur if your "queries" are a simple "select 1;"?