[MonetDB-users] Monetdb - User defined functions

Kirk Abbott kabbott at daxpy.com
Wed Sep 3 16:16:10 CEST 2008

Martin,

Thanks for your reply. I am using the sql frontend only.

I just had a look at the functions table and now see all the string/data
extraction primitives. I am particularly interested in mimicking the
PostgreSQL functionality (which is our main transactional/etl system).

BTW, we typically want to do ad-hoc stuff like:

> select
>   to_char(charge_date, 'yyyy-mm')
> , sum(actual_consump_adj)
> , sum(billed_consump_adj)