[MonetDB-users] SyntaxException in "monetdb create demo" statement

Fabian Groffen Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Wed Sep 3 10:19:15 CEST 2008

On 03-09-2008 01:14:26 -0700, rmaadil wrote:
> You mean I cannot create a new database using MonetDB in Windows platform? In
> the documentation I have read that MonetDB is cross platform.

MonetDB compiles and runs on many platforms, but it does not adapt to
the platform it runs on.  It keeps on having a UNIX strategy (hence the
console window).  The merovingian and monetdb tools are not portable to
Windows.  If you want to use multiple databases under Windows, you'll
have to enter the console and give the proper commands to the
mserver5.exe binary when starting it.  Its help command should tell you
--dbname controls the database the binary will serve.