[MonetDB-users] Large Databases

Martin Kersten Martin.Kersten at cwi.nl
Mon Oct 29 08:29:30 CET 2007

algatt wrote:
I guess you are working on a 32-bit machine, which incurs an addressing
limitation of 2GB.
Most tables in MonetDB are memory mapped files, which indeed means that
at some point
the OS can not allocate (virtual) memory anymore and simply kills the
process.
Since it is in the middle of a load, recovery records are likely incomplete.