[MonetDB-users] Large Databases

algatt alangatt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 29 08:19:16 CET 2007

I am trying to create a large database almost 10GB (TPC-H).

When I try to bulk load a 7GB file the server does not work anymore. First,
the server quits in the middle of the bulk load, then when I try to re-start
the server it does not start showing a message about the OS not having
enough space.

Then I split the 7GB file into individuals 1GB files, after I upload around
4GB individually, the server crashes. Then when I re-start the server it
does not start stating that the BACKUP folder cannot be accessed and not
enough permissions!

I am using MonetDB 5 on Windows XP 1GB RAM.

Any ideas?

Thank You.

alan