[MonetDB-users] Server Crashes when Client is Opened

Martin Kersten Martin.Kersten at cwi.nl
Sun Oct 21 10:30:01 CEST 2007

Alan Gatt wrote:
> Thanks for the tip, but it is saying that SQL is not initialised. Is
> there something I missed?
>
> The thing is that, everything worked fined before I copied the data.
> Now even if I re-install it, it remains the same. Shall I compile it
> from source?

That should not be needed. I question if you have both SQL and XQuery
installation on your Windows platform.
The message indicates that you are talking to a M4 server, because the
SQL module is not loaded.

Are you using the CMD interface? If so, have a good look at the SQL and
XQuery client .bat
files to see the arguments required.

If you use the start->monetdb->... for both server and client it should
work.