[MonetDB-users] Server Crashes when Client is Opened

Martin Kersten Martin.Kersten at cwi.nl
Sun Oct 21 09:53:22 CEST 2007

algatt wrote:
> I am running it on Windows XP with Athlon 64 3000 and 1GB Ram. The TPC-H I
> used just 1GB of data. The Monet Version is the latest v5.0.0. Also I
> noticed an error before everything closes down which is
>
> MAPI  = monetdb at localhost:50000
> ACTION= mapi_start_talking
> ERROR = !MALException:setScenario:Scenario 'mil' not initialized

Thanks, this is helpful. Assuming you use the official 5.0.0 release,
MapiClient still
uses a default language option, called 'mil'. It is used in conjunction
with the M4/Xquery stack

If you call Mapiclient pass the argument --language=sql

The upcoming release 5.2 will resolve this problem by dropping the
language default.
Also the new Mapiclient has undergone a major upgrade, including
bugfixes and more
rendering options. It will be announced shortly.

Thanks