[MonetDB-users] install script (monetdb-install.sh) doesn't work for current branch

Ying Zhang Y.Zhang at cwi.nl
Tue Dec 18 11:37:12 CET 2007

Hello,

The install script monetdb-install.sh still doesn't work for current
branch:

=====================
$ /export/scratch0/streettivo/tmp/monetdb-install.sh --prefix=$HOME/
monetdb --
build=/export/scratch0/streettivo/tmp/monetdb_build --enable-xquery --
nightly=current --enable-debug

--11:22:33--  http://www.ins.cwi.nl/~monet/tars/latest/current/MonetDB-client.tar.gz
Resolving www.ins.cwi.nl... 192.16.196.21
Connecting to www.ins.cwi.nl|192.16.196.21|:80... connected.
Length: 957191 (935K) [application/x-gzip]
Saving to: `/export/scratch0/streettivo/tmp/monetdb_build/MonetDB-
client/MonetDB-client.tar.gz'

      0K ........ ......                                      100%
9.93M=0.09s

11:22:33 (9.93 MB/s) - `/export/scratch0/streettivo/tmp/monetdb_build/
MonetDB-client/MonetDB-client.tar.gz' saved [957191/957191]

unpacking MonetDB-client.tar.gz
mv: cannot stat `clients-[0-9]*': No such file or directory
failed to rename sources to the right name
Please refer to the full log at /export/scratch0/streettivo/tmp/
monetdb_build/log
If you believe this is an error in the script or the software,
file a bug and attach the logfile.
Terminated
=====================

The problem is in the name of the root directory included in the
package "MonetDB-client.tar.gz".
In the stable brach, it is called "clients-1.20.3", and can be handled
by the 'mv' command in line 316; while in the current branch, it has
become "MonetDB-client-1.21.0", which indeed can not be found by the
'mv' command.

Could this problem be solved by adding a check to the value of "--
nightly"?
Does other packages, e.g. MonetDB4-XQuery, has similar changes in the
directory name?

Regards,

Jennie