[MonetDB-users] MonetDB and fast data storage

Martin Kersten Martin.Kersten at cwi.nl
Fri Dec 7 23:51:27 CET 2007

Djordje Djokovic wrote:
> Dear MonetDB users,
> I am just evaluating MonetDB but could not find any benchmark
> regarding writing speed. I would like to ask if anyone has performed a
> benchmark regarding the speed of storing data.
> I am looking currently to store 150.000 records per second. Each
> record consits e.g. of e.g. 28 bytes sized that is 224 bits (symbol of
> 4 characters, one double, one long, one int).
> Can MonetDB handle this amount of data throughput?
> Thanks and regards
> George
Dear Djordje,

thanks for your interest in MonetDB.

This specification is, however, incomplete to answer in any sensible way.
It depends on the API choosen, bulk/single record updates, transaction
level,..
It seems that writing such a benchmark is relatively simple, and we would
appreciate your benchmark and results to be made available here.

regards, Martin