[MonetDB-users] install script (monetdb-install.sh) doesn't work for current branch

Fabian Groffen Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Fri Dec 7 15:38:06 CET 2007

On 07-12-2007 13:35:27 +0100, Ying Zhang wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I try to install the nightly build of current branch using the install
> script "monetdb-install.sh" (just downloaded from http://monetdb.cwi.nl/projects/monetdb/Assets/monetdb-install.sh)
> , but it stops when trying to rename the directory for MonetDB-
> client-1.21.0
>
> I run the script with the following options:
>
> monetdb-install.sh --prefix=$HOME/monetdb --build=$HOME/tmp/
> monetdb_build --enable-xquery --nightly=current --enable-debug
>
> The log is attached below.

The script cannot cope with the renamed tarball contents.  Fixing this
will take some efforts, but more importantly it bloats the script as
stable does not use this new naming scheme (yet).  I hope we can soon
do the GDK-2 feature release, such that I can actually skip supporting
both ways of doing things in the script.

> A request: would the owner of the script please add the new module
> "java" in to the script?

This is already added, as well as the geom module.  It's probably not on
the live website, but since it won't work that doesn't matter anyway.