[MonetDB-users] JDBC driver, where? (sorry)

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Thu Dec 6 00:18:17 CET 2007

On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 09:02:35PM +0100, Martin Koch wrote:
> Dear Reader,
>
> I compiled a Mars-Superball-SR4 and a SR5. Both apperently succesfull,
> as I have sql functionality. But in neiter I found a /share/MonetDB/
> lib/ directory containing the promised JDBC driver. What am I doing
> wrong?
>
> I use a standard Ubuntu Gutsy 32 bit, with sun JRE 5.0 (but not the
> JDK) to run SQuirreL SQL

To compile the MonetDB-related Java code, you need ant (as already pointed
out by Niels and Fabian) and of course a Java compiler (javac & jar).
For compilation both Sun JDK 5 and GNU gcj 1.5 usually work fine.
For the runtime, gcj 1.5 does not work flawlessly; Sun DK 5 works fine;
IcedTea 1.7 should work, too.

Stefan