[MonetDB-users] Changing default monetdb password

Venks venkatesh.mantha at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 01:10:53 CET 2007

I downloaded the latest current release from CVS and installed it
successfully. I ran the command ./mserver5 at the UNIX prompt and executed
the following command:

>clients.changePassword("monetdb","monetdb1") ;

I didn't get any error so I assumed it worked. But when I tried to connect
using the new password from "mclient" it didn't work, but worked with the
default password. So I tried to change the password again using the above
command and now I am getting the following error:

!InvalidCredentialsException:changePassword:Access denied
#function user.main():void;
#    clients.changePassword("monetdb","csdb");
#end main;
-Venks