[MonetDB-users] Changing default monetdb password

Romulo Goncalves R.A.Goncalves at cwi.nl
Tue Dec 4 15:45:15 CET 2007

Venks wrote:
> I started mserver5 by just executing ./mserver5. I am getting the
> following error when I execute changePassword.
>
> !TypeException:user.main[1]:'user.changePassword' undefined in: _1:any
> := user.changePassword(_2:str, _3:str)
>
> Please let me know if I am missing something.
Update your sources and then the command (to run in the mserver5) should be:
clients.changePassword(<old_password>, <new_password>);

restart mserver and then start your SQL adventure...

I forgot to tell you that you need also to use the module name (in this
case clients) to call the function ;)

I just tested it in the current and stable and it works.

Regards,
Romulo