[MonetDB-users] Slow Data Load

Paulo Jorge Dias paulojorgedias at gmail.com
Sat Dec 1 20:26:04 CET 2007

Hi,

I am working on a Windows XP SP2 32bit with MonetDB v5.2.2 kernel v1.20.0

I have built a java program to upload data from an Oracle Database Table
with 6milion rows.

After about 4milion of rows loaded the performance decreases dramatically.

I have tried to use other way, which is generating all insert statements to
a file and then using mclient to execute all the insert statements.

Slower that the java option because the autocommit=on and parsing of each
statement, but the result is the same.

After about 4milion of rows loaded the performance decreases dramatically.

Can someone give an explanation for this behavior?

Thanks,

Paulo Jorge Dias