[MonetDB-users] monetdb failing tests on FreeBSD

Fabian Fabian.Groffen at cwi.nl
Fri May 27 23:02:02 CEST 2005

Joseph McDonald wrote:
> [...]
>
> if I set __BSD_VISIBLE then u_int, u_char are typedef'd (in
> sys/types.h), otherwise they are not.

That's funny.  My Mac OS X system has the same files, but in sys/types.h
it doesn't use __BSD_VISIBLE, but _POSIX_SOURCE:

#ifndef _POSIX_SOURCE
typedef unsigned char   u_char;
typedef unsigned short  u_short;
typedef unsigned int    u_int;
typedef unsigned long   u_long;
typedef unsigned short  ushort;     /* Sys V compatibility */
typedef unsigned int    uint;       /* Sys V compatibility */
#endif