[MonetDB-users] monetdb failing tests on FreeBSD

Niels Nes Niels.Nes at cwi.nl
Fri May 27 08:38:30 CEST 2005

On Thu, May 26, 2005 at 09:24:53PM -0700, Joseph McDonald wrote:
> Hi,

Joseph

Many thanks for your interest in MonetDB. We very much appreciate your attempt
to port it to FreeBSD. Unfortunately we do not have access to such a system
at the moment.

> I just installed MonetDB-4.8.0_rc0 on FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE running on an
> opteron.

> To get it to compile I added this to monetdb_config.h:
> #define __BSD_VISIBLE 1
>
> and I changed
> /* #define _POSIX_C_SOURCE 200112L */
> /* XXX JOE */
> #define _POSIX_C_SOURCE 200112

I would like to integrate these changes somehow in our sources, but
the monetdb_config.h file is auto generated by autoconf's configure
script, so I guess that we miss some autoconf line needed for FreeBSD.

> because a freebsd system header already had _POSIX_C_SOURCE defined
> without the L.
>

> when running "gmake check" I get:
>
>  !ERROR:  Testing FAILED SIGNIFICANTLY !
>
>     2 out of  69 tests could not be executed
>     2 out of  69 tests produced slightly different output
>     2 out of  69 tests produced SIGNIFICANTLY different output
>
> the output is at http://theoden.vpop.net/~joe/mtest/
I had a look at the result
	The 2 which couldn't be executed are probably related to missing
	depending libraries, such as lib netcdf.
	So thats not a problem

	2 tests with slightly different output is also not a problem, these
	are related small differences in round of float and double values.
	We have these too between a number of our systems

	The second 'SIGNIFICANT' difference is just the output of random,
	ie not a problem, but we should fix the test that this doesn't cause
	a failed test.

	The remaining failure seems more serious. The value is somehow equal
	to LLONG_MIN which in our case is the nil (SQL NULL) value.

	Could you send the LLONG_MIN/MAX values from your system include
	file (on linux this is /usr/include/limits.h not sure if BSD has it
	also in this file).

Conclusion is that its almost perfect score, not bad for a new platform.

Niels