[MonetDB-users] monetdb failing tests on FreeBSD

Joseph McDonald joe at vpop.net
Fri May 27 06:24:53 CEST 2005

Hi,

I just installed MonetDB-4.8.0_rc0 on FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE running on an
opteron.

To get it to compile I added this to monetdb_config.h:
#define __BSD_VISIBLE 1

and I changed
/* #define _POSIX_C_SOURCE 200112L */
/* XXX JOE */
#define _POSIX_C_SOURCE 200112

because a freebsd system header already had _POSIX_C_SOURCE defined
without the L.

when running "gmake check" I get:

  !ERROR:  Testing FAILED SIGNIFICANTLY !

     2 out of  69 tests could not be executed
     2 out of  69 tests produced slightly different output
     2 out of  69 tests produced SIGNIFICANTLY different output

the output is at http://theoden.vpop.net/~joe/mtest/

Any idea what this means and why?  I am brand new to monetdb.

thanks,
-joe