AW: Insert/update value manipulation

Schediwy, Thomas (itsc) Thomas.Schediwy at ITSC.de
Wed Jul 11 16:05:27 CEST 2018

Hi Panos,

thank you for your hints. I'll take a look for the file. I haven't found that file before.

Well UDFs may help, but I want to implement some additional compression schemas for some performance research. So do you think UDFs are still a good idea to measure the performance between compressed and uncompressed data?

Best regards
Thomas

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: developers-list <developers-list-bounces+thomas.schediwy=itsc.de at monetdb.org> Im Auftrag von Panagiotis Koutsourakis
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 11. Juli 2018 12:19
An: Communication channel for developers of the MonetDB suite. <developers-list at monetdb.org>
Betreff: Re: Insert/update value manipulation

Hi Thomas,

Take a look at the file sql/server/rel_updates.c but before you dive into the internals of the sql layer, think if you can accomplish your goals in a simpler way (with UDFs for instance:
https://www.monetdb.org/Documentation/Cookbooks/SQLrecipes/UserDefinedFunction,
https://www.monetdb.org/node/437 and
https://www.monetdb.org/blog/embedded-pythonnumpy-monetdb).

Best regards,