Data lost

Ying Zhang Y.Zhang at cwi.nl
Mon Oct 17 17:46:08 CEST 2016

> On 17 Oct 2016, at 02:01, Luciano Sasso <luciano at gsgroup.com.br> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am delete rows from table, with "delete from mytable where id=x", and
> rows deleted no return in select  "select * from mytable where id=x", its OK !

Did you run the queries in the autocommit mode or in a transaction?  In the later case, did you commit the transaction?

> Version "Jul2015-SP1"
> But, when restart database, deleted rows return in select  "select * from mytable where id=x".
>
> Its bug ?, or i have execute vacuum command, how to execute vacuum command. ?

You don’t need to call vacuum to remove tuples from your table.
However, the MonetDB version you’re using the pretty old.
Please try if you still have this problem with Jun2016-SP2.
If your problem persists, please give us reproducible SQL queries, script(s), etc.

Regards,
Jennie