Fwd: lib_pyapi complains about undefined symbol PyInt_Type

Dean De Leo D.De.Leo at cwi.nl
Wed Oct 5 21:07:56 CEST 2016

Hi,

on my personal machine, when starting mserver5, monetdb complains with
the following message:

!SyntaxException:parseError:
!LoaderException:loadLibrary:Loading error failed to open library pyapi
(from within file
'/linux/workspace/monetdb/build/lib/monetdb5/lib_pyapi.so'):
/linux/workspace/monetdb/build/lib/monetdb5/lib_pyapi.so: undefined
symbol: PyInt_Type
!SyntaxException:parseError:
!<identifier> expected

I guess this is another case of conflict Python 2 vs 3. I am using
ArchLinux where the default is v3. In my case a workaround seems to be
forcing back python2 (see patch).

Dean