Target Branch?

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Tue Jan 5 12:39:18 CET 2016

Hi,

bugfixes go to the latest release branch (currently Jul2015);
("small", "single-commit") new features go to the developement branch (default);
larger long-term feature development requires a separate branch (one per feature);

see also https://www.monetdb.org/blog/monetdb-releases-and-development

Best,
Stefan

----- On Jan 5, 2016, at 11:30 AM, Jörg Strebel joerg.strebel at gmail.com wrote:

> Hello!
>
> Thanks for the answer. What would be the branch to base my patches /
> developments on? I see two candidates in
> http://dev.monetdb.org/hg/MonetDB/branches:
> - default
> - Jul2015
>
> Could you advise?
>
> Thanks!
>
>> The documentation for setting up the development environment and for
>> getting the source code is pretty good, but I am missing a process
>> description, how a volunteer can participate in the software
>> development process. E.g. how are bugs assigned,
> You could start by picking a bug, trying to fix it and then attach the
> patch to the bug description. We will have a a look at it for sure.
>
>> submitted, what needs to be done besides code production?
> Writing test cases for bugs without them is also a nice way of getting started.
>
> --
> Jörg Strebel
> Aachener Straße 2
> 80804 München

| Stefan.Manegold at CWI.nl | DB Architectures   (DA) |
| www.CWI.nl/~manegold/  | Science Park 123 (L321) |
| +31 (0)20 592-4212     | 1098 XG Amsterdam  (NL) |