How is a query with 'string' columns in it, gets executed?

bhuvan Mitra bhuvanrjb at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 06:57:00 CET 2016

Hello,

I am looking into these column oriented databases for a while and wondered
with monetdb's performance over others.

I started studying about monet and found very interesting. Many concepts
you use are really interesting.

I want to know how monet executes a query which contain string columns in
it. Does it maintain a dictionary or what kind of index it uses or is there
any inverted index involved for strings etc.,

Any kind of material, source code portions or any other documentation
regarding this, is most welcome. I would love to contribute back from my
side once I get to know what is happening.

Regards,
Mit