MonetDB type system documentation

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Wed Oct 7 12:47:48 CEST 2015

Dear all,

since there is ever so often confusion about the
(admittedly not entirely trivial) type system of MonetDB,
and about which type to use for what
to ensure correct semantics and portability,
I felt free to collect some of the crucial information on the MonetDB wiki.

Under
https://www.monetdb.org/wiki/Main_Page
following links
"3.1 Software development"
and then
"MonetDB type system"
gets you to

https://www.monetdb.org/wiki/MonetDB_type_system

I hope this helps to clarify some details.

In particular mind the "Type Rules" given there
(with any of your MonetDB-related code that you eventually
 want to see in some future MonetDB release).

Your cooperation is highly appreciated!

In case you have any questions about correct and proper type usage in MonetDB,
please do not hesitate to ask Sjoerd or myself
(preferably via the MonetDB developers mailing list, if not in person).

Enjoy!

| Stefan.Manegold at CWI.nl | DB Architectures   (DA) |
| www.CWI.nl/~manegold/  | Science Park 123 (L321) |
| +31 (0)20 592-4212     | 1098 XG Amsterdam  (NL) |