MonetDB concurrent commits exception

Ying Zhang Y.Zhang at cwi.nl
Fri Nov 13 15:01:54 CET 2015

Hai Vijay,

This blog might give you the answers you’re looking for.

In general, it’s no big deal (in MonetDB) if your transactions get aborted due concurrency conflicts.  You can just retry the transaction until it succeeded.  However, if the level of concurrency is high, you might want to introduce a random break before retrying a transaction.

Regards,

Jennie