mserver5 stability problems in acting with multithreaded clients

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at monetdb.org
Sat Jul 18 11:08:07 CEST 2015

On 07/18/2015 10:09 AM, Sherzod Mutalov wrote:
> To: sjoerd at monetdb.org
> I build Jul2015 branch and tested with my test app and mserver5
> errors disappeared :) Nice
> But, still have problem with Mapi library, where first 1-4 connections
> get lost, because WSAStartup error.

Probably a race condition in the code calling WSAStartup.  Looking at
it, it is clear that the initialization function needs to be called when
there is only still a single thread.  At the start of your program call
the function
	mnstr_init();
You may need to include stream.h before mapi.h to be able to call this.