mserver5 stability problems in acting with multithreaded clients

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at monetdb.org
Fri Jul 17 10:45:53 CEST 2015

When I try this program against a Oct2014-SP4 server, I get messages on
the server console:
!SABAOTHgetMyStatus: MALException:sabaoth.getmystatus:could not find my
own database?!?
!SABAOTHgetMyStatus: MALException:sabaoth.getmystatus:could not find my
own database?!?

This is clearly not correct.  In addition, I see a message on the client
side:
112: internal server error, please try again later

However, when I try it with the upcoming Jul2015 version (whether that
will actually be released this month is far from certain), I *don't* get
these messages.  (And that should be so, since I fixed that bug recently.)

In either case I get a bunch of message from the client program about
reaching the maximum number of concurrent clients, but also a whole
bunch of results like
32: [32, 2015-07-17 08:34:57.000000+00:00]

I also see a few messages in both tests
1: getaddrinfo failed: Either the application has not called WSAStartup,
or WSAStartup failed.

In all, I think the situation is better in Jul2015.