Perl driver improvements

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at monetdb.org
Tue Jan 13 14:19:09 CET 2015

Thanks for this.
I have tried out your patch, and it works as well as the original in our
test set.  But the test set does not test the Perl interface very well.
 There are just a few tests, but they work.

I'll commit this to the Oct2014 branch since it does seem to fix bugs.

As to the best place to send and/or discuss pathes, I would say the bug
tracker.  However, I do realize that the developer list may well be read
by more people.  The bug tracker has the advantage that patches and the
discussion about them don't get lost.