Announcement: New Oct2014-SP1 Bugfix release of MonetDB suite

Sjoerd Mullender sjoerd at acm.org
Thu Nov 27 14:09:02 CET 2014

The MonetDB team at CWI/MonetDB BV is pleased to announce the
Oct2014-SP1 bugfix release of the MonetDB suite of programs.

More information about MonetDB can be found on our website at
<http://www.monetdb.org/>.

For details on this release, please see the release notes at
<http://www.monetdb.org/Downloads/ReleaseNotes>.

As usual, the download location is <http://dev.monetdb.org/downloads/>.

   Oct 2014-SP1 bugfix release
   MonetDB5 Server
     * Fixed adding of 0 intervals to dates.

   Build Environment
     * The libraries included in the Windows installers have been
       upgraded. We now use libxml2-2.9.2, openssl-1.0.1j, pcre-8.36, and
       zlib-1.2.8.

   MonetDB Common
     * Implemented a change to the way in which string bats are appended.
       We now try harder to limit the growth of the string heap.
     * Fixed some problems with BATsample. It was possible for BATsample
       to return a value that was just beyond the end of the sampled BAT.
       Also, on some systems the range of the rand() function is rather
       limited (0..32767) and trying to get a sample larger than this
       range would result in an infinite loop.

   SQL
     * Fixed sys.queue() implementation to report on other queries being
       executed.
     * A number of bugs were fixed in the code to upgrade a database from
       previous releases. This version should fix the upgrade of a
       database that had been upgraded to the Oct2014 release, but also
       properly upgrade directly from Jan2014 and Feb2013 releases.

   Bug Fixes
     * 3580: cosmetic change (append newline)
     * 3609: Incorrect use of generate_series
     * 3611: quantile() and median() commands crash when used 2x on the
       same variable on a null table
     * 3612: assertion failure when deleting rows from table to which a FK
       constraint is defined
     * 3620: ORDER BY broken when using UNION ALL
     * 3621: Hexadecimal literal vs decimal literal