Announcement: New Oct2014-SP1 Bugfix release of MonetDB suite
sjoerd at acm.org
Thu Nov 27 14:09:02 CET 2014
The MonetDB team at CWI/MonetDB BV is pleased to announce the
Oct2014-SP1 bugfix release of the MonetDB suite of programs.
More information about MonetDB can be found on our website at
For details on this release, please see the release notes at
As usual, the download location is <http://dev.monetdb.org/downloads/>.
Oct 2014-SP1 bugfix release
* Fixed adding of 0 intervals to dates.
* The libraries included in the Windows installers have been
upgraded. We now use libxml2-2.9.2, openssl-1.0.1j, pcre-8.36, and
* Implemented a change to the way in which string bats are appended.
We now try harder to limit the growth of the string heap.
* Fixed some problems with BATsample. It was possible for BATsample
to return a value that was just beyond the end of the sampled BAT.
Also, on some systems the range of the rand() function is rather
limited (0..32767) and trying to get a sample larger than this
range would result in an infinite loop.
* Fixed sys.queue() implementation to report on other queries being
* A number of bugs were fixed in the code to upgrade a database from
previous releases. This version should fix the upgrade of a
database that had been upgraded to the Oct2014 release, but also
properly upgrade directly from Jan2014 and Feb2013 releases.
* 3580: cosmetic change (append newline)
* 3609: Incorrect use of generate_series
* 3611: quantile() and median() commands crash when used 2x on the
same variable on a null table
* 3612: assertion failure when deleting rows from table to which a FK
constraint is defined
* 3620: ORDER BY broken when using UNION ALL
* 3621: Hexadecimal literal vs decimal literal
More information about the developers-list