Database can't started.

Mhd Sulhan m.shulhan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 19:19:04 CET 2014

On Mon, Nov 24, 2014 at 8:05 PM, Hannes Mühleisen <Hannes.Muehleisen at cwi.nl>
wrote:

> Hi Mhd,
>
> > On 24 Nov 2014, at 13:58, Mhd Sulhan <m.shulhan at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have tried to run monetdb version 11.19.3 and monetdb-e46b810ccbd0
and both can't start database.

> > My machine is Linux x86,
> >
> > Linux bubu 3.17.3-1-ARCH #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Nov 14 22:56:01 CET 2014
i686 GNU/Linux

> > with glibc 2.20.
> >
> > I compile monetdb with this options,
> >
> >   ./configure --prefix=/usr --sysconfdir=/etc --localstatedir=/var
--disable-assert \
> >       --without-rubygem --disable-testing --enable-optimize
--enable-rintegration

> From your log file, it seems that you enabled RIntegration (very good),
but the mserver5 process cannot find libR.so or one of the libraries it
links to. So I would suggest to change the LD_LIBARARY_PATH environment
variable to include the path to libR.so , or add this path to your system
library search path and run ldconfig.

Thank you for quick respond, I can get it running now.

I never though libR.so was the problem because I assume it was in /usr/lib,
since monetdb depend on it and run fine when compiling.

> > I can run monetdbd, but fail when running monetdb start <db> or mclient
-u <user> -d <db>.

> > Here is some log when I'm running monetdb start,
> >
> > $ mclient -u monetdb -d cdr
> > password:
> > monetdbd: internal error while starting mserver, please refer to the
logs

> > With this email, I also attach merovingian.log.
>
> Best,
>
> Hannes

Salam hormat,

Mhd Sulhan