user defnined function problem

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Mon Jan 6 18:31:58 CET 2014

Hi,

as all XY_*.sql files that are installed into <LIBDIR>/monetdb5/createdb/
also 80_udf.sql get only loaded and executed the first time mserver5 is
started on a virgin empty (i.e., newly created) DB (then the content is
persistently kept in the DB's catalog.

Thus, to get your newly added funtion working (i.e., added to the SQL catalog),
you either need to create a new database, or execute the SQL commands you added
to 80_udf.sql by hand (once) in mclient.

Best,
Stefan