Create a table with FLOAT type

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Sun Jan 5 16:39:24 CET 2014

Hi,

in the SQL standard,
REAL is a single-precision (32-bit/4-byte) floating point data type,
DOUBLE is a double-precision (64-bit/8-byte) floating point data type,
and FLOAT is a data type that might allow to specify the precision;
cf., e.g.,
http://www.techonthenet.com/sql/datatypes.php

In MonetDB, we do not support FLOAT with variable precision. Thus, we
choose the highes available precision by mapping FLOAT to DOUBLE.
If you prefer single-precision (32-bit/4-byte), please consider using
REAL instead.
See also
http://www.monetdb.org/Documentation/Manuals/SQLreference/BuiltinTypes

Best,