status of default branch

Stefan Manegold Stefan.Manegold at cwi.nl
Sun Feb 16 17:31:58 CET 2014

Hi Fabian,

thanks for the configure fix and for the hint about the OSX (or its gcc version?)
compilation problem.

For the compilation status (and testing) status, please see
http://monetdb.cwi.nl/testweb/web/status.php
(you might still recall that one ;-))

Indeed, also there the reported OSX compilation problem occurs:
http://monetdb.cwi.nl/testweb/logs/50441:6e3415940261/GNU-Darwin-x86_64/make.html#l596

I guess, it is related to this changeset
http://dev.monetdb.org/hg/MonetDB/rev/75da27800e54
but I'm not entirely sure.

We do still test on OSX and have not yet abandoned it as a "supported" platform
(just like all other platforms we still test on), hence, I assume it's just that
noone has had the time, yet, to look into the problem that appears to occur
(1) "only" with the default branch and (2) "only" on OSX (and its gcc version).

Best,
Stefan