Disk space to store a table?

baraa Mohamad bem85 at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 10 02:50:33 CEST 2013

Dear MonetDB Developers,
I'm doing some  research about colmn oriented databases and I began with MonetDB.
In fact I would like to know how can I get the real disk space used to store a given tabel??

After some research on the web I found that I can use the storage table as follow:
select "schema", "table", sum("columnsize") as size from storage() group by "schema","table" having "schema" <> 'tmp';

But it seems to me that this is something like a "logical" storage space without any compression (all columns with type "int" have the same size), is there a way to know the actual disk space used by MonetDB to store a table??

Thank you in advance for your help,
RegardsBaraa